- We at Summit realize how hard the job that we do is and that people really appreciate the extra effort we put in to make them comfortable at work and in camp. We realize that the job we do is one of the hardest out there and we believe that taking good care of our people is the best way of showing them how much we appreciate the work they do. Summit encourages their planters and their staff members to give feedback on all areas of our operations, including the comforts of the job, so we can continue to improve.
- Summit understands that "Food Quality" is one of the more important factors a planter considers when rating a planting company. We are constantly trying to improve our operations and our food service is no exception. Each year cooks are hired based on their past performance and experience. Kitchens and mess tents are replaced, as needed, so that cooks spend their time and skills providing excellent meals. Summit tries to cater to everyone's food needs by having a second selection of dishes specially made for vegetarians. We also work with logging camps, that we may stay in, to make ensure the food served has everyone's interest in mind.
- It's very important to us to provide safe comfortable vehicles for ourselves and our workers. Trucks are inspected daily by primary drivers to ensure safety of all employees.
- We try to make camp as comfortable as possible by having dry tents for your gear, and hot running water for your bodies (hand washing and showers). Where possible we will provide some living-room type furniture, and a stereo for lounge areas in the mess tents for that 'home' feel. In Summit camps the cooks wash the morning's dishes. In the evening the cooks hire a person (or persons) in camp to help with washing the dinner dishes.
- Keeping in touch with the outside world is important. To keep you connected we equip each camp with modern satellite equipment, allowing for internet service and phones in camp.